To be considered for a scholarship or award opportunity, a student must be a new or returning Middlesex student who plans to register in the fall semester of the upcoming academic year. Note: Some scholarships are designated for students who will graduate from Middlesex in May. Graduating students who plan to transfer to a four-year higher education institution are eligible to apply. All Middlesex Community College Foundation scholarships are made available to Middlesex students from generous individuals, businesses, civic organizations, corporations, and income generated at special Foundation events. Annually, the application process begins in December of the fall semester, and culminates with the announcement of scholarship recipients near the end of the spring semester.
- A completed online Scholarship Application form
- Two online recommendation forms:
- Current Middlesex students – one must be completed by a Middlesex faculty or staff member.
- New students – one must be completed by a high school teacher or guidance counselor if you are still in high school, or a recent high school graduate.
- Recommendations from relatives and friends will not be considered.
- Click here to access the online recommendation form
- The following items should be submitted to Corey Martell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or hardcopies can be placed in Corey Martell’s mailbox in the College Information & Communication Center located in Founders Hall, 100 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT 06457.
- A copy of your current Middlesex transcript. A copy from Banner Self Service is sufficient. If you are an entering student, please submit your high school transcript. If you are currently enrolled at MxCC and this is your first semester, you will need to ask all of your professors to complete a Mid-Term Grade Report for all classes in which you are enrolled, in place of a transcript. You may copy and paste this link, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LSW3L6H, into an email to your professors, which will allow them to submit the report electronically. When professors complete a Mid-Term Grade Report it is automatically transmitted to the scholarship application administrator.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to attend the Scholarship Awards Night near the end of the spring semester at a date to be determined.
- Scholarship application deadline: March 1, 2023
In 2022, 88 scholarships totaling $77,750 were awarded to eligible students. This program depends upon donations from generous individuals, businesses, civic organizations, alumni, and charitable foundations, along with annual fundraising events such as the Red Moon Fest and the Grad Dash 5K/10K. Recipients are selected by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee. For more information about the scholarship process, please contact Corey Martell at 860-343-5701.